Thursday, December 5, 2013

BIG News!

Hello everyone,

I hope all you in the USA had a great Thanksgiving!  Once again, I have to apologize for the lack of posts recently.  I believe I had mentioned before that as soon as I returned from our mission trip to Greece in June, I started a new job.  Well as I was making the transition into this new job, I found out that I'm pregnant!!!!!!

This pregnancy is a miracle.  We had been trying for some time and were planning on pursuing more invasive methods this month (December 2013) if nothing changed.  By the grace of God, we were able to conceive naturally and we are insanely grateful and excited (maybe a little nervous too).



Of course between the new job and the first trimester slump, I hardly cooked anything at all and blogged even less!  I am currently in my second trimester and my energy is better, so I am hoping to update at least periodically from here on - very little for a while after the baby is born, obviously.

So what does this mean for the blog?  Aside from the continued random posts, I expect to be exploring a lot of new topics as I encounter them. The transition to clean eating and living is enough of a challenge for just my husband and I, but now there is a new life in the mix ... I've had to consider things like how our modern diet affects fertility ... what about cloth diapering, natural birth?  What kinds of toys should we register for - and beyond that, how will we plan to raise our son on healthy, whole foods and avoid relying on processed convenience foods when things get crazy all the time?  How is this going to change how we organize our time and our home?  I hope to document as much of this journey as I can while still posting recipes and the typical  topics that I love. :)

To all of you who check in regularly or just happened to stumble upon my little corner of the internet - please let me know if there are any issues you have faced along this journey and what you have learned!  Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...