Friday, June 17, 2016

Update: 35 Weeks Pregnant

Ack! We only have 5 weeks left before Baby L is expected to arrive. We've had a productive couple of weeks.  The hospital bags are packed and the birth plan is finalized and with the doula. We splurged to have the condo cleaned and the car detailed (no 2-year-old crumbs for Baby L). We have the infant seat base installed in the car and, last but not least, I chopped off my hair!

No, chopping your hair off isn't usually a pre-baby to do, but I was desperate. Florida heat and the third trimester do not a good pair make ... plus, I stopped dying my hair red sometime ago so I had an ash blonde to faded red ombre look going on.  No more! Take a look!

NEW HAIRCUT!!


BEFORE

I am so glad I finally cut my hair.  I've been thinking about it for the longest time and never had the guts, mainly because I was afraid of my "at risk" chin (you know, when you suddenly get a double chin when you look down to check your watch?)

The thing is, I was just yanking my hair back 24/7 anyhow, so it's not like I was making any attempt to hide it.  Ergo, later hair! It feels so light and healthy now! I'm also getting a chance to rediscover my natural hair color after 18 years of dying it. Thanks TSwift for bringing ash blonde back.

I promise I will get one of my usual posts up soon, but right now I'm going to take a nap.  :)

Did you make a drastic hairstyle change when you were pregnant? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...