Monday, June 20, 2016

Black Bean Soup (With all the Fixin's)

First off, I want to apologize for the lack of posts lately. My computer has been practically unusable and I've been trying to figure out what the issue is. Unfortunately, my technical issues are happening just as my prenatal and chiropractic appointments are moving to every week and Z appears to be dropping his one nap.

Now.

When I'm 9 months pregnant.

:Facepalm:

Silver lining though - as a result of my "I'm too pregnant to feel like doing anything but not pregnant enough to be nesting yet" state, I've been trying to think of super easy but healthy meals. This week I whipped up a simple but delicious black bean soup with all the fixin's. You seriously won't believe how easy this is to put together. It would make the perfect side dish to a Mexican or Southwestern meal, or you can add some rice to make it entree material.  I'll get a proper photo up once my technical issues are resolved!


Ingredients

3 cans of low-sodium black beans
2-3 cans tomatoes with onion and chilis (I like the cilantro lime Rotel)
2 cups of cooked rice (optional)

And for the toppings:
Chopped onion
Avocado slices
Cojita or Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
Cilantro
Hot Sauce
Tortilla Chips
Whatever you want!

Directions

1. Put the black beans and canned tomatoes & chilis in a food processor and blend well.
2. Transfer to a pot and bring to a gentle boil. Prepare any toppings you plan to use.
3. Add rice, if using, and stir to combine well.
4. Serve and top with your choice of culinary accouterments.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...