Monday, February 3, 2014

Naturally Real Life

I've decided to add an extension to Naturally Awesome Eats entitled Naturally Real Life. What inspired me to start this new page is the imminent birth of my son. Learning that my husband and I will be bringing a new life into the world has been very humbling - partially because it is such an awesome gift, and partially because we suddenly have a lot of decisions to make that we know will directly affect his life in major ways. Right now those decisions, although manageable, are fairly daunting. Where will I deliver? Should I go medication-free? Stay home or continue working? Breast or bottle? Cloth or disposable? What about pediatricians, immunizations, etc.?

By the way, nearly EVERYONE (male, female, parents or not) has an opinion on these things, and 75% of them will not be shy in sharing them with you uninvited...

One thing I have had to come to terms with is that I can't impose an "Uber-mom" expectation upon myself. It's temping for me to want embark on this new adventure with goals of having the home management skills of Martha, the cooking skills of Giada, the post-baby body of Angelina, and the parenting skills of ... Super Nanny? All while being an incredible wife to my husband and serving 16 hours a month at church. 

I can only do so much at a time and do it well ... So I want to be intentional about what those things are, and what I can put on the back burner. My pastor has referred to this as tactic as being "intentionally imbalanced". I like it. 

That said, if you are looking for a blog written by someone who has it all figured out and is ready to give you all the tips you need to become a domestic goddess - keep looking. But if you want a window into someone else's journey of figuring it all out and insights on whatever I learn along the way, please stay a while and leave a comment. :) Stay turned for future posts on sorting my priorities and goals for life as a parent, the answers we've arrived at for all those questions I listed, and real life in general.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...